THOMASVILLE CABINETRY KITCHEN DESIGN WITH SCOTT McGILLIVRAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning a prize. Open to Canadian residents, excluding Quebec, who are 18 years of age and older (if the age of majority is older than 18, you must be the age of majority within your province or territory of residence to be eligible to win).
- Sweepstakes Period:
The Thomasville Cabinetry Kitchen Design with Scott McGillivray Sweepstakes
(“Sweepstakes”), sponsored by MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. (“Sponsor”), begins on
July 1, 2019 at 12:00:00 am Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on August
30, 2019 at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) (the “Sweepstakes
Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: Entry into the Sweepstakes is open to permanent legal residents of Canada, EXCLUDING Quebec, who are 18 years at time of entry (“Entrant”). Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, the agents and advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including spouse, biological, adoptive or step- parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above, are NOT eligible to enter or win a prize. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations of the United States and Canada, and is void in Quebec, and where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter Sweepstakes: To enter, Entrant must follow the onscreen instructions and submit “Why they need Scott’s help” along with a photo of their kitchen at: https://scottmcgillivray.com/thomasville-contest/ to earn one (1) entry. After entering the contest, Entrant will be given the opportunity to earn up to four (4) additional entries during the Sweepstakes Period by clicking the Rafflecopter buttons located at: https://scottmcgillivray.com/thomasville-contest/. Entrants will receive one (1) additional entry for visiting Thomasville on Facebook, one (1) additional entry for following Thomasville on Twitter, one (1) additional entry for Tweeting about the Sweepstakes and one (1) additional entry for following Thomasville on Pinterest. An Entrant must enter the Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules Entrant will have the opportunity to receive up to five (5) entries during the Sweepstakes Period. If more than five (5) entries are received from an individual Entrant, all such additional entries submitted will be disqualified and will not be included in the prize drawing described below. All entries must be received by August 30, 2019 at 11:59:59 pm EDT.
Kitchen photo must be of Entrant’s own property. There should not be any individuals pictured in the submitted image. “SPAM” or fraudulent submissions will not be accepted and all entries from such user will be void. The text length of the submission should be a maximum of 200 characters. Submissions and photo(s) must be dignified, modest and in good taste, may not have obscene or indecent content, including but not limited to profanity, must not contain any offensive or defamatory statements/references including but not limited to words/images that might be considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group, must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace, must not invade privacy, publicity, or other rights of any person, firm or entity, must not portray Sponsor or Sponsor’s brands or products, or any other company’s brands or products in any way that might tend to subject any of them to public contempt, scandal, disrepute or ridicule, or other reputational harm, and must not in any other way violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any submission that, in Sponsor’s sole determination, does not comply with these rules.
- Entry must be made by an individual person; use of script, macro, or
other automated systems to participate is prohibited and will result in
disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, entries
will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted
at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the
natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access
provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for
assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail
address. Each potential winner may be
required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible
entries will be disqualified.
- Prize Drawing: The winner of the prize described in Rule 6, below, will be selected
in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will
be conducted by Sponsor on or around September 3, 2019. Odds of winning a prize
depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prize: One (1) grand prize will be awarded consisting of a 30-minute kitchen design consult with Scott McGillivray via Skype in English during the month of September 2019 (Sponsor to coordinate with potential winner) and a $1,000.00 off coupon towards a Thomasville Kitchen purchase at The Home Depot Canada which must be used before June 30, 2020. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the advertised prize is unavailable. Total ARV of all prizes in the Sweepstakes: $1,000.00.
All prizes are awarded “as is” and Sponsor makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, with regard to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value of any prize will not be awarded in cash or in any other form. Dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency. No transfer or substitution of prizes (or any portion thereof) or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value in the event the advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable. All prizes will be awarded according to these Official Rules provided a sufficient quantity of qualifying entries are received and the prizes are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. Prizes (and all elements thereof) are not redeemable for cash.
- Consent to Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, a winner’s acceptance of his/her prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use said winner’s name, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and provincial addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media (including but not limited to the Sponsor’s and Scott McGillivray’s website and social media), in perpetuity, without limitation and without further notice or compensation. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules, including verification of Entrant’s eligibility as solely determined by Sponsor.
- Winner Notification: Within approximately seven
(7) days of the random drawing, the potential winner will be notified via email
using contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no
liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received
by the potential winner for any reason.
Winner must provide positive identification specified by Sponsor to claim/participate in a prize and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) within five (5) days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among the remaining entries. If any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among the remaining entries. Entrant will be required to answer, without mechanical or other assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question posed via telephone by Sponsor at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time as a prerequisite to being declared a winner.
9. Liability Release: Participation in the Sweepstakes and (if applicable) acceptance of a prize constitutes each Entrant’s agreement to hold harmless Sponsor, their respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising in any way from or in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize (if applicable), or their participation in prize-related activities (if applicable). All taxes are the responsibility of the winner. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THAT IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE YOU MAY BE AWARDED. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic, wireless or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, damaged, stolen, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, illegible or incomplete; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software, or telephone transmissions, damage to an Entrant’s or any person’s computer and/or its/their contents, or causes beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prize(s)/prize winner(s); (vii) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (viii) cheating or fraud by any Entrant. If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and reserves the right, but shall not be obligated, to select the winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time/date such action was taken. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry processor enters using any automatic programmed entry duplication method or third-party entry service.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Dispute Resolution: By entering, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Illinois state court located in Lake County, Illinois, USA; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Winners List: For the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped
business-size envelope after September 1, 2019 and no later than September 1, 2020 to: Kitchen Design with Scott McGillivray
Sweepstakes c/o MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., 2-100 Jameson Drive, Peterborough,
ON K9J 6X6.
- All trademarks related to the prizes in this Sweepstakes are the
property of their respective owners and no sponsorship, endorsement or
affiliation with Sponsor, its products or this Sweepstakes is implied by their
- This Sweepstakes is not sponsored or endorsed by Authentic Brands
Group, LLC, The Home Depot Canada, Skype, Rafflecopter, Facebook, Twitter,
Pinterest, Scott McGillivray or McGillivray Group or any of their affiliates. Entrant
fully releases Authentic Brands Group, LLC, The Home Depot Canada, Skype, Rafflecopter,
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Scott McGillivray or McGillivray Group and each
of their affiliates from any claim arising out of Entrant’s participation in
- Entrant further warrants that each entry is a wholly original creation and that no such component infringes any copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy or other proprietary right of any third party, union or guild and contains no defamatory or offensive content. Entrant further warrants that they have received consent from anyone other than entrant who appears within the submitted photograph(s) for their inclusion in the Sweepstakes submission, and may be required to provide proof of such consent. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the entry in any way, in whole or in part, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, without limitation and without notice or consideration to the entrant. By submitting an entry, each entrant in the Sweepstakes further agrees that his/her entry constitutes an assignment to Sponsor of all rights, title and intellectual property rights in and to all components of such submission as a condition of competing for a prize, including without limitation the right to make any derivative version of the entrant’s submission (in whole or in part), and absolute discretion to alter the entrant’s submission in any way, including without limitation editing, cropping, reformatting, title changes, and removal or addition of any element.
16. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., One MasterBrand Cabinets Drive, Jasper, IN 47547.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor only.
© MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. All rights reserved.